vrijdag 31 oktober 2008

A beautiful Basque view

On Saturday evening during a dinner, made by my Slovak, Russian and Italian friend, me and some of my Erasmus friends decided to go walking in the nature on Sunday.So after I made us some lunch on Sunday we took the bus from Arrasate to Oñati because I knew from an earlier walk on Saturday with my Brazilian friend, Taric, that the countryside there is amazing. The walk made us feel so good and relaxed then so we knew that it would do our other friends good as well.At two we arrived in charming little Oñati. We walked past the old monistory, the building of the oldest university in the Basque Country, the big old church and true the small streets. It is because of all these old monumenst that I call it charming little Oñati, I just love them because it feels like you are going back to another century when you are near them.Around three we reached the border of Oñati, the temperature was about twenty-five degrees at that time so it was the perfect moment for a nice walk true the nature.A lot of fields, old farms, stock of cattle and of course beautiful views because we were walking true the mauntains were amazing all of us. Taric was our guide for that day because he had taken the route that we were walking before. Only his earlier walk got an unexpected end because he bumped into a very angry animal that scared the hell out of him and that made him run back home like speedy conzales!Of course all of us were very curious about the animal that made our Brazilian friend run. It was around five when we all walked very cheerfully on a path when Taric suddenly said “This is it, the animal that chased me!”. It turned out to be a ewe, a family of the sheep that little childeren in the Netherlands just love to pet and feed. So we coudn’t help it but we had a good laugh about his pursuer.We decided to walk back because we all were getting al little hungry but before we went back to Oñati we made sure that we had taken enough pictures of the countryside. Around seven we returned at the flat of Taric and Adriana, she is my Mexican friend who is going to spend her chirstmas with me in the Netherlands this year!Starving from our more then three hour walk we digged in to the delicious pasta that Taric prepared for us. That night I had no trouble sleeping after, again, such a nice weekend with my Erasmus family.

Geen opmerkingen: